JUNE 2015 - Nic & Wes Builders Pte Ltd Newsletter (Issue 61)
Subject: JUNE 2015 - Nic & Wes Builders Pte Ltd Newsletter (Issue 61)
Send date: 2015-06-01
Issue #: 61
JUNE 2015 ISSUE 61
IN FOCUS: WHIMSICAL DIYSBy Nicole Kow
I’ve been quite inspired lately especially since getting addicted to Pinterest. This issue I’ll be creating two rather whimsical projects that look like they came out of a storybook. Let’s get started.
DIY Project 1: Tea Light Candle Lampshade
What you’ll need:
A4 Craft paper
1. Measure the length and width of the wine glass. Taking into consideration the widening of the goblet, my wine glass measured approximately 4 inches in length and 3 inches in breadth.
2. Taking the craft paper, make a fold mark in the middle. This will be the compass point.
3. With the compass, measure 1.5 inches and mark it on the craft paper. This will form the top part of the lampshade. Adjust accordingly to fit the specs of your wine glass.
4. After that add the initial 4 inches in length to the already marked 1.5 inches which will measure up to 5.5 inches.
5. Mark it on the craft paper once more.
6. Cut out the shape which will become the lampshade.
7. Add a thin strip of double sided tape onto the edge of the lampshade and overlap the two ends.
8. Place a tea-light candle into the wine glass followed by the lampshade.
1. Pour out the crushed glass to create the base. This will keep the plants in place.
2. Using the shape of the jar as a guide, begin to form the arrangement by playing with the plants, shrub or flowers available. For taller jars, narrower arrangements can be designed while wider ones can be broader.
3. After a rough design has been decided on its time to place the pieces into the jars by shoving the stems into the compacted crushed glass. Using the cutter to trim the stems will result in a play of levels within the arrangement.
4. Once the plants, shrub and/or flowers are in place add ornaments like butterflies or rocks to add more creativity to the terrarium design.
5. Display different shape and size terrariums together in a cluster for a whimsical effect.
Available at the following bookstores: Singapore
Kinokuniya, Ngee Ann City
Times the Bookshop, Centre Point
Times the Bookshop, Paragon Malaysia
Kinokuniya, KLCC Thailand
Receive a new issue every month
On the latest NIC & WES Project showcases and tip guides
An exclusive complimentary E-BOOK
"In A Decade Lifestyle Homes by NIC & WES Builders PTE LTD"
(Hardcopy version retailing at $59.90)